It doesn’t matter if you run a small local business or a large national company. Social media is more than just a trend in 2022. It is an essential part of your business marketing strategy. So if you’re not on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest or even TikTok, you’re missing out on a lot of opportunities! These stats also prove that it’s high time to review your marketing strategy…
With 2.895 billion monthly active users in the third quarter of 2021 and 9 million advertisers, Facebook is currently the most popular social network in the world. For its part, Facebook Messenger has 1,300 billion active users per month. Granted, organic reach has declined in recent years, but Facebook remains the most effective social media marketing platform out there. Advertising on Facebook in particular is affordable, but also very targeted. These statistics also speak volumes about its popularity and effectiveness.
- 98.3% of Facebook users access the social platform via mobile devices;
- Facebook is the third most visited website in the world with a total of 11.2 billion visits;
- Facebook usage among teenagers is said to gradually decrease from 71% to 67%
- Video ads are considered better than any other advertising format on Facebook. ;
- 16% of Facebook profiles are duplicate or fake accounts;
- Facebook Stories has 500 million viewers every day.
Instagram is the ideal channel to reach a large audience: 1.393 billion monthly active users. On average, they spend 53 minutes a day there, which makes this platform one of the most visited after Facebook. The benefits of using Instagram for businesses are also numerous, including:
- brand strengthening;
- A strong commitment;
- Extended Sales;
- Opportunities for audience growth.
The statistics on Instagram are also impressive:
- 90% of Instagram users follow a business profile;
- 58% of marketers plan to use Instagram Reels in 2022;
- 80% of Instagram Stories that include and emphasize a call-to-action perform better;
- 100 million users start or watch live videos on Instagram every day;
- 83% of Instagram users use the platform to discover new products and services;
- 73% of marketers prefer Instagram for influencer marketing;
- Instagram ranks 4th in the list of the most “active” social networks in the world;
- Over the past 12 months, Instagram’s ad audience has increased by 20.3%.
With 211 million daily active users In the third quarter of 2021, Twitter is a powerful social network and search engine where it is basically possible to find the latest information on practically any topic. It is possible to market on Twitter to engage users and followers, increase brand awareness, increase conversions and more.
- 79% of marketers will continue to invest in Twitter in 2022;
- 42% of all Twitter users have a college degree;
- 83% of all world leaders are on Twitter;
- 26% of American users check their Twitter account several times a day;
- 42% of all registered Twitter users visit the platform daily.
In today’s digital landscape, the business-consumer dynamic has changed. The existence of digital channels has influenced shopper behavior and consumers now control how they receive information. Instead of calling you or waiting for your next ad, consumers are increasingly relying on video marketing to find information about your business. With 2.291 billion monthly active usersYouTube is the preferred platform for users to receive marketing information.
- Youtube is the second largest search engine in the world;
- 44% of marketers plan to use YouTube for the first time in 2022;
- Youtube accounts for over 25% of all global mobile traffic;
- On mobile alone, YouTube reaches more adults aged 18-24 than many TV networks.
- The average length of videos on YouTube was over 10 minutes in 2021;
- 70% of YouTube watch time is on mobile.
If you look at monthly active users, LinkedIn isn’t the biggest social network out there 810 million monthly active users in 200 countries and regions around the world. But the audience is one of the most lucrative. It’s the ideal social platform if you’re looking for a place to drive quality B2B traffic to your website or blog.
- In October 2021, marketers reached nearly 790.4 million users with LinkedIn ads, which grew 2.9% over the past three months;
- 60% of LinkedIn users are between 25 and 34 years old;
- 82% of B2B markers find the most success on LinkedIn;
- LinkedIn’s ad audience has grown 8.8% over the past 12 months;
- Almost 46% of social media traffic to a company website comes from LinkedIn;
- Every week 45 million people use LinkedIn to search for jobs;
- More than 200 million applications are submitted on LinkedIn every month.
Unlike other social platforms, Pinterest is primarily an image search engine and aims to make saving and sharing the core business of its users. The focus is on creativity and allows users to browse for interesting ideas. This social network is used much less compared to the previous ones. But with everyone the same 454 million monthly active usersit could be the perfect place to introduce your brand and business to an engaged, in-market, niche market.
- The total number of people using Pinterest each month has decreased by about 10 million (‘2.2%) over the last three months;
- Today, 5.6% of global users use Pinterest;
- Over 70% of Pinterest users are women;
- Users between the ages of 25 and 34 make up the majority of Pinterest’s target audience.
With 1 billion monthly active users worldwide since late September 2021, the number of users and the speed at which TikTok is growing means it can provide access to a large audience. It seems easier than other channels to create video content that goes viral and reaches hundreds or thousands of people. TikTok has quickly become one of the most popular social media platforms in the world, but is it worth using for your business?
- TikTok ranks 7th in the list of the most “active” social media platforms in the world;
- TikTok took much less time to reach 1 billion active users than it took Facebook;
- Users aged 18-24 make up about 45% of TikTok’s global reach;
- Females aged 18-24 make up a larger proportion of TikTok’s audience than users of any gender aged 35 and over.
Therefore, if you are building a social media strategy in 2022, it would be difficult not to consider using these social networks. If this all sounds daunting, just know that the hardest part is getting started with them if you haven’t already.