Wondering how to turn your followers into customers on Instagram? In this article, you’ll learn how to get the most out of your Instagram marketing at every stage of the customer journey and create an effective conversion funnel…
What does an Instagram conversion funnel look like?
Instagram has over 1.07 billion users worldwide who spend an average of 53 minutes per day on the platform (compared to 58 minutes per day for Facebook users). And these numbers will continue to grow throughout 2021. Since Instagram helps 80% of the platform’s users decide whether to buy a product or service, it makes sense to create an Instagram sales funnel for your brand. If there was ever a perfect time to create an Instagram sales funnel, now is it!
The content marketing funnel is a series of posts that lead a potential customer to learn about your brand early and make a purchase decision from you accordingly. The best way to better understand the Instagram funnel is to break it down.
There are several possibilities for this. In this article we will focus on four key stages:
- Put on
- To accompany
In order for the funnel to work as it should, you must:
- Communicate with your audience in your account;
- Respond to their comments;
- Let them leave comments under your posts.
The first phase: dressing
This is the moment when you grab the attention of consumers for the first time. They will be the first to notice you and your offer. The best way to attract people to your Instagram account isuse shareable content And a proactive engagement . Shareable content differs slightly depending on your industry and the response of your own audience.
This is why it’s important to keep track of your insights, because what drives your competitor to act may not drive you to act, and vice versa. Inspirational/ambitious Instagram posts are great for industries like travel, food, sports/fitness, home decor, and fashion. Just think how many times you’ve shared a picture of a distant destination or a photo of an appetizing burger with your friends.
But what if you don’t work in these industries? In this case, consider publications:
How to optimize the attraction phase of your Instagram sales funnel ?
- Make sure your Instagram feed is cohesive and clear by showing cohesion in your visual aesthetic;
- Make sure your Instagram bio is optimized. This means that you include a keyword in your “name” to make it clear what you do and a call to action;
- Keep an eye on your Instagram metrics to understand what types of content are performing well and what aren’t. The more closely you monitor them, the better you’ll know what’s working, and the better you can adjust your Instagram strategy accordingly.
- Don’t neglect the highlights of your story! Highlights from your story can serve as a “mini website” and bring your ideal customer closer to the point of purchase.
Shareable content and proactive engagement are an important part of your Instagram strategy, Your task now is to deepen the relationship with your audience so that they convert from followers to fans. That brings us to the second stage of your Instagram conversion funnel.
The second phase: support
While the “attract” phase of your Instagram sales funnel is crucial for growing your presence on Instagram, arguably the most important phase is the “support” phase. This is where you strengthen the relationship with your audience and build up the most important factors of knowledge, appreciation and trust with them. To do this, use:
Videos are the best way to build more meaningful relationships with your community. Your voice, the phrases you say, and the way you say them help people get to know you better and feel like they’re hearing from a friend, not an “account.”
Regardless of niche or industry, pictures of people paired with candid/vulnerable/personal captions tend to resonate very well on Instagram. These “people” can be the person behind the account, company employees, or satisfied customers/customers. This type of content is incredibly powerful for putting a face to the Instagram account and building 1:1 relationships with people.
Educational content (tips and tricks, tutorials, etc.)
The final type of content that will help deepen relationships with your community and turn them from a follower to a fan is educational content. This type of content is your opportunity to showcase your expertise and prove you know exactly what you’re talking about.
How to optimize the deepening phase of your Instagram sales funnel ?
- Share your know-how. There is no such thing as too much free content to give away. As long as you educate your audience about the “why” and not the “how,” stay present and serve.
- Show yourself more! This includes showing more of your face in your grid, but also appearing in Instagram stories as regularly as possible. It’s the quickest way to build the know, like, and trust factor with your audience.
- Include more video in your content strategy. You don’t have to start from scratch – think about how your existing content could be transformed into simple IGTVs or even Instagram Live.
The third phase: conversion
At this stage of the sales funnel, someone is ready to convert. In other words, followers are willing to deposit money on your offer. This is an opportunity for you to share compelling promotional content. To do this most effectively, testimonials, reviews, benefits of your offering, and transformational stories help convince your audience that your product or service is right for them.
When it comes time to share promotional content to announce an offer or launch, make sure you explain the key benefits. Subscribers who have been nurtured by your sales funnel will now feel like they really know you. You will trust your expertise and be ready to buy.
How do you optimize the conversion stage of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Tell your followers how to collaborate with you at least once a week. In addition to your shareable, personal and educational content, you should regularly share promotional posts.
- Make sure people really understand that they can work with you. Make sure your bio includes a clear call-to-action that leads to a relevant URL.
The fourth phase: referencing – loyalty
At this stage, you’ll get glowing testimonials to share on Instagram that will convince strangers got to work with you This “social proof” encourages people to follow the actions of others – because nobody wants to be First to buy something… And an added bonus to providing your customers and clients with an amazing experience is powerful word of mouth marketing.
How do you optimize the SEO stage of your Instagram sales funnel?
- Make sure your buying process / customer onboarding process is set up correctly and provides people with an easy and enjoyable experience. This means that they feel comfortable investing their money in you from the start.
- Always provide a quick feedback form for clients and clients. This is an important part of the customer offshoring process and one that can easily slip to the bottom of the to-do list, especially if you are a small business owner.
- Create a special comments file to record all positive testimonials, emails and direct messages. All of this can be shared on your Instagram account (with author’s permission) to encourage people to buy from you.
If you want to use Instagram to grow your business, a funnel is essential. By creating organic and paid content for all four stages of the sales funnel, you can continually grow your audience, increase leads and conversions, and keep happy customers.
Sources: Iconosquare, Manychat