Don’t you use Instagram polls often, if at all? It might be time to get interested because this feature has more benefits than it seems. Not only is it a fun approach to engaging with your followers, but it also allows you to highlight a product or feature without being overly promotional. No matter you use Android or iOS, follow all these simple steps to create Instagram story polls…
Why should you be interested in the survey on Instagram?
With over 1.16 billion monthly active users, Instagram should be part of your social media strategy. According to these Instagram metrics, Instagram Stories are particularly effective in influencer marketing campaigns. For example, 4 million businesses use Instagram Stories Ads every month.
An Instagram story offers several fun and creative features to unlock its enormous potential and ultimately Create engagement and develop your brand. Among them, the poll shows its impact: it is indeed a great way to connect with your audience in an authentic way.
You can also use it to:
- Conduct a market study;
- Offer a gift ;
- Share your content ;
- Gather accurate information ;
- Get to know your audience better ;
- Increase engagement since polls are very useful for the Instagram algorithm.
We’ll see some interesting ideas for using them later, but first let’s see together how to create a poll on an Instagram story.
The steps to create a poll on Instagram
- After opening the Instagram app, create a story by tapping your profile icon in the top left of the screen.
- Select or take a photo to use as support for the survey. To take a photo, tap the circle at the bottom of the screen. If you want to select a photo or video from your camera roll, tap the small image icon at the bottom left of the screen. You can also tap the create icon “Aa” to display a blank background;
- Display the menu for adding publications with the “Sticker” icon (in the form of a small square smiley face).
- In the context menu, press the “Survey” icon. You can ask a question with two possible answers;
- Tap Ask a Question, then type your question or a short sentence related to the poll topic. For a regular poll, tap Yes and No to edit the answers, or leave the fields as is if appropriate for your question.
- Once the question and answer fields are configured, tap Done.
Tap the arrow button in the lower-right corner of your screen to bring up a share menu with three privacy options. Tap Close Friends to share the poll with your list of close friends, or tap Your Story (the default) to share your poll with all of your followers.
You can also search for a friend or select one from the suggested list to send the survey via direct message. In this case, select “Message” and press the “Send” button next to each recipient.
You can also publish your survey conducted via Instagram on Facebook. Tap “Sharing Options” and select the option you want. Select “Not Now” if you’re not interested in posting it on Facebook. When you’re done, go back to the main menu and tap “Share”.
Cool ideas for using Instagram Story polls
Do you find creating an Instagram story poll very interesting but have no idea how to use it in your social media strategy?
You certainly know that this allows you to learn more about your audience, but you don’t know how to use it specifically?
Ask YES or NO questions
A question ending with YES or NO is the simplest survey. You can use it to get an opinion or use it as a quick test to gauge your audience’s interest in a product or service.
- do you like x Yes or no?
- Are you interested in X (product/service)? Yes or no?
- Did you see X? Yes or no?
Ask a question X or Y
To get nuanced answers and better understand your audience’s preferences, you can replace the YES or NO in the poll ticker with two different answers.
- How much would you pay for X? Less than €5 or more than €5?
- What content would you like to see more of? Video or Infographic?
- Which color do you prefer on the website? blue or yellow?
Do you have other ideas for Instagram polls? Feel free to share them in the comments!