Do you have an e-commerce website and your sales are not increasing? Developing a website requires reflection and it is undoubtedly important to think about a concrete marketing strategy! Reading this article will help you realize the potential mistakes you may have made while developing your online store and how to fix them. So you can see the sale on your website more enlightened…
Analysis of the results for 2021
First, analyze your stats for 2021:
- How many sales do you make on average per month?
- What is your best selling product?
- Do you have regular customers? If yes, which pages do they visit?
Lots of questions to ask yourself to get a first impression of your results.
In addition, it is important to have an analytics account to follow the statistics and the development of your website. This allows you to:
- Knowing which platform your customers land on your page from;
- Know the pages with high bounce rate;
- Get an overview of the locality of your visitors (their countries, their cities, etc.);
- Pinpoint the pages that don’t “match”;
- Avoid a high bounce rate.
When a visitor comes to your site, they should be interested and your page should respond to their intent. If not, they leave your site to look elsewhere and that increases your bounce rate. You probably don’t want your customer to go to your competitor?
To avoid a high bounce rate, here are some recommendations:
- Every landing page must meet a specific requirement: search intent is at the heart of SEO in 2022! You can’t miss this. If Google redirects you if you don’t respect the intention of internet users, then the analysis results will be disastrous;
- Create Quality Content: It’s one thing to allow the user to find what they’re looking for quickly, but they still need to have access to quality content. Highlight your expertise on your web pages and don’t hesitate to create multiple pages on the same topic (without duplicating the content). You need to be the expert on your topic, so approach it in its entirety.
Want more tips?
Don’t hesitate to read 5 tips to reduce your bounce rate!
Create a design and a modern website
In order to forge a strong brand and engage internet users in your content, it is important to come up with a unique and professional design. Creating a design site allows you to captivate your Internet users with a coherent graphic universe that will make them want to read your page. Colors, writing style or layouts have a significant impact on the conversion rate.
In order for your graphics to work on your website, I advise you to:
- Make a mockup of your website before development.
- Create beautiful color schemes;
- Use an easy-to-read design font;
- Take an interest in CSS (and don’t just rely on WP themes).
Taking control of your website design allows you to showcase your products with a fabulous user experience.
Setting up an online shopping system would be enough to start your first sales, but you could go even faster by offering discounts.
For example, it is very easy to create a coupon on WordPress and embed it on your website. Incidentally, all conceivable settings are possible with the coupon. Here’s what you could do:
- Display a discount from a certain purchase amount;
- Set up a promo system that you reveal on social networks;
- Register a code for a limited time (for example, the -20% promo code is only valid for 72 hours);
- Encourage your customers to buy more products by offering them a discount on the cart total based on the number of products purchased.
Don’t have a discount system? Or just don’t want to set one up? It is also possible to put together a package of different products. It’s a very good way to package an offer and offer your customer an overall discount on their purchase.
Work on SEO
SEO and SEA referencing are levers you can use to sell on your website.
SEO strategies (local, ads or international) can help you grow your business a little further on the web.
Thanks to SEO, you can become visible in search engines and in particular on Google.
Here are some tips to increase your sales in 2022 with an SEO strategy:
- Take care of your content;
- Write a nice one
- Sell your product in the meta description;
- Add structured data (product image, customer reviews, price range, etc.);
- Work on the main image of your product (quality image, not blurry, product really highlighted).
In addition, Webmarketing & Co’m offers complete training based on natural referencing. After training with them, you will not be able to do without it.
You can also make a lot of money with an advertising campaign! However, you should consider the “risk” factor and minimize it as much as possible. Establish long-term marketing strategies for this.
The SEA is also used for other strategies, for example:
- You can “test” an ad campaign before getting serious about SEO;
- This way you can determine if your product is really selling.
- You can create advertisements not only for your product sheets but for any type of content (quote request form, landing page, comparison pages). The choice depends on the keywords you want to target.
Improve user experience
User experience is an important factor in improving the accessibility of your content and your website in general. Here are some tips to improve your user experience:
- Don’t move the mouse pointer on your page, it’s very “disturbing”;
- Improve performance (optimize loading time, implement a cache system. ). Your website needs to load immediately!
- Develop transition animations when hovering over a button or link;
- Create a simple menu, the structure of your site should be easy to understand.
About the author
Kevin BENABDELHAK: Professional Graphic Designer, Company representative of K-GRAPHISTE