Want to get started with TikTok? Do you use the platform to improve your marketing strategy? Become a “TikTok Expert”? The company has launched its new apprenticeship program…
TikTok Launches Creative Agency Partnerships University (CAP University)
Traditional marketing strategies aren’t as effective as they used to be given the speed at which social networks are evolving. And with constant changes across different platforms and a huge crowd of users, especially on TikTok, it can be difficult to find the right approach to succeed.
This is why TikTok is starting Creative Agency Partnerships University (CAP University)a new tutorial for agencies and independent content creators to maximize their marketing strategies on the platform.
This fully personalized virtual education program from TikTok allows participants to:
- Choose the courses you want to take;
- Define your program;
- Attend meetings during office hours.
According to TikTok:
“The goal of CAP University is to inspire next-generation creative content on the world’s fastest growing entertainment platform. (…) The most important thing is that the registrants have a new understanding of the creative possibilities inside and outside the platform.”.
A program divided into 5 sessions
For the first semester, the program is divided into 5 sessions:
- Tiktok 101. This session presents basic statistics and data that all agencies should know in order to recommend their clients;
- TikTok: from briefing to pitch. This session explains how to collect and communicate ideas that are specifically designed for the platform, which requires a different strategy than other marketing channels. ;
- Design and creation for TikTok. This section captures trends, patterns, and insights from the past year. It summarizes TikTok’s best practices for informed design and creation based on its core principles. ;
- Trends and musical licenses. This part shows the anatomy of a trend, explains how to deal with these trends and how to respond to them in an agile way. As TikTok positions itself as a player in the music industry, this session also answers the most frequently asked questions about music licensing;
- Collaborate with creators. Creators are the cornerstone of the platform. This part covers the basics of working with creators and highlights its native tool: the TikTok Creator Marketplace.
A great way to develop your skills on TikTok
This new TikTok initiative has two interesting aspects:
- This helps educate content creators, which in turn opens doors for agencies, businesses, and marketers that allow them to better position themselves when it comes to content.
- This is a smart way to respond to meta advances to promote short videos, thereby attracting more and more creators to monetize their content.
Courses are presented as live webinars, allowing attendees to learn from anywhere. You also have the option to register for a live session during business hours. And during these sessions, it’s possible to ask custom questions about the platform, your agency’s strategies, trends, and more. or at other points beyond your control.
This new educational program could be a great way to develop your skills on TikTok with direct input from the platform’s creative team.
And if you need training on social media and community management in general, don’t hesitate to take a look at our web marketing training with a social media strategy component.