While influencer marketing isn’t a new concept, it has grown in popularity over the past few years. As the world around us becomes more technologically advanced, companies are devoting more time and effort to this marketing approach than ever before. A good partnership with an influencer can indeed give your brand a huge boost…
The Incredible Rise of Influencer Marketing
Many brands have learned to harness the power of collaborating with marketing influencers, whether they are virtual influencers or not, and this trend will continue to grow. According to Entrepreneur, influencer marketing spend could reach between $5 billion and $10 billion by 2022.
Since the meteoric rise in usage of social networks like Instagram, Youtube, Tiktok, Snapchat, Meta (AKA Facebook) or even Twitter, every user has an equal opportunity to create a large audience within the framework of the rules and features the platform has evolved into Influencer marketing has grown from a small phenomenon to a multi-billion dollar global industry supported by businesses of all shapes and sizes.
– You may be wondering “ Why ? »
– » Because it works! » we will answer
– ” Yes, but why ? ”
– » Because telling a friend you’re cool is way more effective , than spending days trying to convince yourself ”
Let’s go a little further.
As a reminder, influencer marketing is a relationship between a brand and an influencer. The influencer promotes the brand’s products or services through various social networks.
Not to be confused with celebrity endorsements, influencer marketing does more than just match a well-known celebrity with a brand. Influencers should be trusted figures within a niche community and cultivate a loyal following.
Also, they usually have knowledge or experience of what they are promoting.
Out of ideas or not sure how to proceed? Follow these 9 tips to increase your chances of getting influencer marketing with your product.
- If a celebrity visits your store, ask them to mention your store on Twitter or take a photo (with you) and upload it to Instagram.
- Choose a rising social media star or blogger and always be ready to give them gifts. If some influencers only want a few hundred dollars, others want more. Either way, make sure your offer fits your budget.
- Subscribe to platforms that connect brands and celebrities/influencers like Reech to find the celebrity’s agent or a good publicist contact.
- If you don’t have a six or seven figure sum to offer a celebrity to work with you and promote your brand, be prepared to give up a percentage of the company’s equity.
- Personalize the packaging. Whatever product you ship, it should match the star’s image and personality.
- Make sure your gift is well wrapped and taken care of to increase the likelihood that the agent will pass it on to their customers and take an interest in your products.
- Show that you are socially involved. Reach out to celebrities who support a cause that aligns with your brand’s mission and message.
- Don’t forget to put a small card in your package so that the celebrity or a representative can easily reach you.
- Finally, pay attention to your image. Avoid bombarding the agent with calls and emails a week after your gift has been shipped. It’s a great way to throw it in the trash!
While there’s no guarantee your product will get into the hands of an influencer if you submit it, it’s still worth it. Don’t forget, thanks to influencer marketing, a small tweet, photo or post on Instagram can already increase the awareness of your company and the credibility of your brand and thus your overall sales.