Porter’s forces model is a market analysis technique that takes into account the dimensions of business activities that can be optimistic in terms of competitive advantage: the rivalry of competitors; the change of new entrants; the change of substitute products; the power to negotiate with customers; le pouvoir de négociation des fournisseurs.À cela s’ajoute souvent le rôle de l’État (norms, laws). It is used for strategic analysis and to determine the innovation axes.
Analysis of the competition Competition
D’après M. Porter, L’Avantage concurrentiel, Dunod, 1986.
The aim of this matrix is to analyze the company’s competitive environment before anticipating the developments that threaten its competitive adventures and to orientate itself in terms of investments and innovations. The five forces that represent this competitive environment.
This tool will be identified in a year and used in place of development strategies before considering the ensemble of opportunities and market forces.
This tool is used by responsible marketers with strategic and innovative goals. Adapted to the branches of industry and the famous players, it analyzes all the competitive points from the company’s competitive environment. It is an enduring element in the potential of new entrants, in the process of technological disruption, in the case of merger acquisitions that sometimes mean a major change in the company’s impact.
how to use
- After analyzing the strength of the forces, check whether the impact on the individual is possible, you must be strong, you can consider the situation in your situation, or determine the danger of the company.
- Suggest orientations to consider strategic and innovative material.
methodology and advice
The competitive environment is determined by the strength of the competition and competition between analysts and experts.
Cens-Cinq Forces representing the men as well as the current meeting:
- la menace de nouveaux entrants sur le marché: tous les moyens utilisés par les concurrents rendent l’entrée plus difficile pour une nouvelle entreprise;
- the bargaining power of workers: the ability of operators to impose their conditions on the market, in terms of costs, the quality or quality of work, which is directly related to the maneuverability and profitability of companies operating in cellui-ci;
- Bargaining power vis-à-vis customers: the main influence of customers on a market is manifested in exceeding their negotiating power, their influence on prices and terms of sale (terms of payment, related services) determines the profitability of the market;
- Substitute products: Substitute products do not cover the market part, but represent a very attractive alternative to the offer …
- the rivalry of the current competitions: the concentration, the diversity of competition and the report of forces between companies between companies to invest quickly. The competitors lose their sector to improve their position or to maintain their easy position…
- the role of the state: policy and legalization of missions to enforce the way market power is exercised in the market, very influential elements at the level of sustainable development).
- The matrix for analyzers and deep in the competitive position.
- She is always proactive in her market and antiques, especially face to face.
- Simple technique for attaching and delimiting the structure.
to take precautions
- Before making a decision, it is important to assess the necessary investments.
- It determines the process of selling or not responding.
How can you be more effective?
Responsible marketing optimizes the use of additional matrix usage that defines the key points to be analyzed. Il devra approfir ses researches pour chacune des cinq force. When reading, the points to be analyzed are the suivants.
The move of newcomers to the market
- Entry barriers, cultural barriers.
- Necessary investments investments, corporate tickets.
- Certifications will be given on site.
- standards, protective measures.
- Market employees, image of the branch and of the companies founded by …
The bargaining power of employees
- Number of accessories, use of furnace change.
- Importance of the brand (strong brand).
- differentiation products.
- Presence of substitute products and differences of difference …
The bargaining power of customers
- Degree of customer concentration and number of companies.
- customer number.
- Customer brand image.
- Product differentiation (or standardization).
- Number of substitute products …
- Capacitance of switches for product changers and products, induced.
- Impact volume in the market (new product, increase global sales volume to meet unbearable budget, and the product is very different).
The rivalry of current competitors
- Sector: strategic? ; market attractiveness.
- number of competitors.
- March of the market.
- possibility of realizing the economies of hell.
- Product differentiation…
The role of the state
- European regulation.
- International regulations…
The five forces that represent Enjeux and the potential threats to all businesses in a constantly evolving environment. It’s a strategic strategy.
CAS of a formation organism
The education market continues to be a complete mutation with new news and information tools: podcast, visio education, social media, e-learning, online communication, webinars… In addition, the French market is attractive to favorable d’une legislation do à The education goes on.
Competition and origin of customers
- Internal university, internal academy…
Competition of the game of Fourniere
- Content Advisor.
- Creative companies of innocent pedagogy (e-learning, podcast, serious game) for educational organizations and direct sales.
Arrivée de nouveaux participants
- Small newcomers.
competition from substitute products
- Agencies and small cabinets specialized in the creation of distance learning tools: podcast, visual formations.
- Hubs, Wikis and Community Packs.
- white books.
- User competition: soft.
- Customer competition: present, to oversee.
- Competition of newcomers: consistent.
- Competition for substitute products: very strong.
- Direct competition: three major cone players, more risk of new concentrations.